The members have articulated a Mission statement which underpins all the activities which they will pursue on their individual parcels of land, the Mission statement is:
To promote the conservation of the natural and cultural diversity of the Cape Floral Kingdom in the Walker Bay area through co-operative partnerships.
Flowing from this mission are a number of key objectives which will form the basis for all decision making regarding the management of the land within the Conservancy; these Key Objectives are:
- To promote the conservation of indigenous plants and animals, their biological communities, as well as landscapes and cultural heritage sites.
- To co-operate with authorities in respect of the management of the conservancy.
- To raise funds for the activities of the organisation.
- To engender a conservation ethic in local communities.
- To participate in educational and social upliftment of the surrounding communities.
- To encourage community involvement and promote job creation.
- To ensure wise management of the entire area as a role model for other conservation organisations in the Western Cape Province.
- To institute all of the above objectives according to this management plan.